SIGN UP NOW – SPACE IS LIMITED!!
Columbus Day Weekeend
Poetry of Place
Split Rock Cove, Maine
Boston poet Barbara Helfgott Hyett returns to 26 Split Rock Cove for the 4th Annual Poetry of Place weekend
Maximum 12 students.
The weekend includes:
· Friday afternoon at 5 pm for dinner and and evening of writing exercises
· Saturday morning class from 9 – 11:30 am of generative writing towards a new poem
· Saturday afternoon workshop for newly created poems
· Sunday morning crafting exercises and re-writes
· Sunday afternoon poetry reading
· Friday dinner, two breakfasts and two lunches
· Lodging at the Blue Lupine Friday and Saturday nights; private or shared rooms with private baths. The Blue Lupine is a 10 minute walk from 26 Split Rock Cove
· Free time on Saturday afternoon for writing, walking along the coast, or other adventures
· Added option: lodging at the Blue Lupine on Sunday night for $45 / person, including breakfast
Cost: $475 including lodging;
or $325 without lodging
Poet, professor and public lecturer, Barbara Helfgott Hyett has published five collections of poetry: In Evidence: Poems of the Liberation of Nazi Concentration Camps, based on her interviews with U.S. GI's, and selectedBooklist's "Editor's Choice"; Natural Law, was first in the Salt River poetry series; The Double Reckoning ofChristopher Columbus, an epic poem on the 1492 voyage of the Columbian expedition, was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize. The Tracks We Leave: Poems on Endangered Wildlife of North America, and Rift have been widely reviewed. Other poems and essays have appeared in such journals as The New Republic, TheNation, Hudson Review, Massachusetts Review, Agni, Ploughshares, Prairie Schooner, The Women'sReview ofBooks, and in over fortyanthologies. She is currently the director of PoemWorks, The Workshop for Publishing Poets, in Chestnut Hill, MA, named “One of the Best Workshops in Boston” by the Boston Globe.
To sign up, or for more information contact Sandy Weisman, at 207.596.7624 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org